The most important resource at KD Pharma Group is our people. Their dedication and superior knowledge play a critical role in our ability to provide the best products and service.
Meet the executive team:
Mr. Oscar Groet joined KD Pharma in May 2013, bringing over 25 years of Senior Management experience. Throughout the years he supported the growth and turnaround of numerous companies across Europe. In October of 2016, he led the merger between KD Pharma and Marine Ingredients as the Chief Executive Officer of the combined company, KD Pharma Group.
Prior to KD Pharma, Mr. Groet held the following positions:
- CEO of Bioseutica BV, where he helped to execute a comprehensive restructuring of the organization.
- SVP of International Operations at Iveco, where he expanded international growth through a detailed acquisition strategy.
- VP International Operations at Indesit Company, where he expanded the company through implementing internal improvements and innovation.
- Sales & Marketing Director at ePlanet, where the company was successfully listed on the Italian stock exchange.
- Product Development Director at Alfa Romeo, where he successfully repositioning the brand and product line.
Mr. Groet has a degree in Economics from Reading University in the UK, an MBA in General Management from SDA Bocconi in Italy and a Finance Specialization from Harvard University.
Mr. Igor van Santen joined the KD Pharma Group in September 2017, bringing 20 years of Senior Management experience in several different businesses and geographies. During these years he was engaged in business growth initiatives through M&A and partnerships, as well as business restructuring and turn-around projects.
Prior to joining the KD Pharma Group, Mr. van Santen held the following positions:
- Global Business Controller at DSM Nutritional Products, working on several inorganic growth initiatives for its Personal Care division, as well as professionalized innovation portfolio management for all of DSM Nutritional Products businesses globally.
- CFO at DSM Pentapharm, being involved in strategically reposition the business.
- General Manager at DSM Intermediates, responsible for carving out the business from DSM’s other businesses and preparing it for divestment.
- Business Unit controller at DSM Exclusive Synthesis & Intermediates, assessing the strategic viability of the portfolio of businesses and Sites of the Business Unit, and implementing the subsequent re-organization of the unit accordingly.
- Business controller at DSM Pharmaceutical Chemicals, working on repositioning the generic Pharma site and preparing it for sale, and re-organizing the North American CMO API business.
Mr. van Santen holds a master’s degree in Management Science from the Erasmus University in Rotterdam, and a Post Graduate International Chartered Controller degree from the University of Amsterdam and the Maastricht University.
Kimberly Smith joined the KD Pharma Group in February of 2022 as CEO of KD Nutra.
Prior to joining the KD Pharma Group, Mrs. Smith held the following positions:
- CMO, OmniActive Health Technologies
- VP, Dietary Supplements and Pharma, DSM Nutritional Products
- VP, Market Ready Solutions, DSM Nutritional Products
Adam Ismail is the Chief Strategy Officer of the KD Pharma Group, a position he has held since March of 2018. Previously, he served as the Executive Director of the Global Organization for EPA and DHA Omega-3s, from its founding in 2007 to over 200 member companies when he left. He has spent twenty years working in the omega-3 and nutrition industries, including collaborating with other industry organizations to overturn a ban on fish oil imports in Europe; the establishment of nutritional intake recommendations and health claims in China, Europe and other countries; and co-authoring multiple scientific publications.
Prior to KD Pharma Group, he worked for Cargill, in charge of commercializing their omega-3 food ingredient business, and at Health Strategy Consulting and Health Business Partners on investment banking and strategy consulting projects, where he started the first e-mail newsletter in the nutrition industry and helped advise companies on over 150 projects and transactions
Mr. Uwe Westeppe joined the KD Pharma Group in September 2019, bringing 30 years of Senior Management experience in various businesses, functions and geographies. During his career, he has managed business growth initiatives through M&A and partnerships, as well as business restructuring and turn-around projects with great success. Prior to joining the KD Pharma Group, Mr. Westeppe held the following positions:
- Chief business officer of Rohner AG Switzerland, responsible for the global CMO business
- Global Head of the Nitrile rubber business unit at LANXESS (France) and Chairman of the Supervisory board of LANXESS-TSRC Chemical Industrial in Nantong, China; a JV he set up in 18 months
- Head of Business line CDMO Specialty Chemicals at LANXESS and Saltigo
- Global Head of Program Management Bayer Polymers, responsible for the worldwide BPR and SAP introduction
- Global Head Marketing Styrenics at Bayer, leading several acquisition projects in USA, Belgium, Thailand, India and Brazil.
- Global Head Marketing Semi-Crystalline Polymers at Bayer
- Head of Business Controlling BU Plastics at Bayer
Mr. Westeppe holds a Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry from Max-Planck-Institute for Carbon Research in Mülheim, Germany, conferred by Ruhr-University Bochum. He also studied Business Administration at the Fern Universität Hagen.
Mr. Daniele Polettini joined KD Pharma in January 2014, bringing 15 years of experience in managing complex Supply Chain organizations in multinational environments. He redesigned and continues to optimize the planning, purchasing and logistics operations of the entire KD Pharma Group, successfully supporting the fast-paced growth of the Company.
Prior to KD Pharma, Mr. Polettini held multiple positions within Fiat Group leading large teams (>400 people) and managing worldwide processes with relevant spending (>0.5Bn$) in the Supply Chain division.
Mr. Polettini has a 5 years degree in Engineering from the Polytechnic of Turin in Italy, an MBA in General Management from the Chamber of Commerce Business School of Valladolid in Spain, and an Executive Master in Global Supply Chain at Instituto de Empresa (IE) of Madrid in Spain.
Andrea Holmes joined KD Pharma in June 2022, bringing over 25 years of academic, research, chemical, and cannabis business experience. Throughout the years she conducted research on warfare detection sensors for the Department of Defense, automated imaging methods of colorimetric molecules, false positive drug test results, cannabis testing methods, nanotechnology designed for the inhibition of hospital acquired bacterial infections. Most recently, she has focused on the organic synthesis of minor cannabinoids and explored niche markets in the growing cannabis industry. Prior to KD Pharma, Andrea Holmes held the following positions:
- Co-Founder and Chief Growth Officer of Precision Plant Molecules, Denver, Colorado, a premier organic synthesis company for minor and rare cannabinoids
- Co-Founder and Co-Owner of A&A Apothecary, a specialized botanical formulation company advising clients worldwide in the US, UK, and Thailand.
- Chief Science Officer of CBD Remedies, a Nebraska based hemp dispensary retail chain that focuses hemp derived THC, HHC, THCO, and other cannabinoids.
- Co-Founder of Cannabis Testing Lab, the first iso-certified cannabis lab in Nebraska.
- VP of Novel Chemical Solutions, a chemical synthesis company of small pharmaceutical intermediates.
Andrea Holmes holds PhD degree in Organic Chemistry from New York University and a post-doctoral fellowship from National Institute of Heath at Columbia University in New York City. She also holds academic professorial titles at Doane University, the University of Nebraska Lincoln, and the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
Mr. Markus Altermatt joined KD Pharma in May 2018, bringing more than 25 years of Senior Management experience. Throughout the years he worked in different Pharma and Chemical companies as Operations manager and Managing Director across Europe and China.
Prior to KD Pharma, Mr. Altermatt held the following positions:
- Senior Director Operations of Porton Pharmaceutical Switzerland where he developed and helped to execute a comprehensive Operational Excellence program in the Porton Manufacturing sites in Chongqing and Shangyu, China.
- Global head of production of Euticals/Archimica looking after manufacturing sites in Germany, France, Italy, UK, US including MD responsibility for UK, Italy, Germany
- Site Director of Horsforth, Leeds, Clariant UK headquarter • Core team member of global Clariant Manufacturing Improvement Program
- Core team member of a greenfield chemical site build up project in Tianjin, China for Sandoz/Clariant
- Managing two pharmaceutical intermediate plants at Sandoz, Basel
Mr. Altermatt has got a Ph.D in Organic Chemistry from Basel University in Switzerland. He then added a Postdoc research stay at the Julius Maximilian University in Würzburg, Germany. After starting the career in the industry he joined a program for manufacturing excellence at INSEAD, Fontainebleau.
Mrs Federica de Gennaro joins KD Pharma Group bringing more than 20 years of experience in various HR roles. Throughout the years she developed extensive experience creating value through human capital strategies, driving change management and transformation projects, supporting scale-up and fast growing organisations to optimal performance and growth. Instrumental in developing targeted business and marketing strategies that are budget-sensitive, customer-centric, and goal-oriented. Known for driving changes: relocation of HQs, building new organization, M&A, and restructuring, while building trustful relations with all levels in the organisation. Possess a strong understanding of the financials in business by aligning with HR KPIs for optimizing costs, while executing various greenfield projects and laying the foundation for HR in new business initiatives.
Prior to KD Pharma, Mrs de Gennaro held the following positions:
- HR Director EMEA of Soho Flordis International, where she re-designed the organisational structure to align with the strategic plans and improved overall financial outcomes by instilling a new work culture through designing and implementation of a change management project.
- VP HR EMEA for VF International, where she headed the Timberland integration following the acquisition, supported the fast growing businesses of The North Face and Vans by accurate talent recognition and acquisition as well as on-time execution of on-boarding and development programs.
- HR Manager Retail Europe for Bally Shoe Factories, where she participated to the repositioning of the Brand by executing a reorganization of the stores’ portfolio
- HR Manager for Prada Group, where she managed the whole life circle for the organizations of the Joint Ventures Companies and the acquisitions
Mrs de Gennaro has a Degree in Psychology with specialization in Work and Organizations in Italy, an Executive Master in Strategic Human Resources Management from SDA Bocconi in Italy and a Leadership Circle Certification 360 leadership assessment in UK.
Daniel Wiley joined KD Pharma in September 2021, with over 20 years of specialty chemical and dietary supplement management expertise. He has broad operational, engineering, and commercial expertise and has built processing plants and successfully launched many new products into the market. He currently serves as VP Special Projects for KD Pharma Group where he leads commercialization of KD’s emerging business units.
Prior to joining KD Pharma, Mr. Wiley was CEO of Wiley Ingredients, where he led a team of >190 people in R&D, engineering, and manufacturing operations for a specialty chemical and nutritional ingredients manufacturer. While at Wiley, he initiated commercial development of AlaskOmega® Omega-3 fish oil ingredients for dietary supplements and commercialized dozens of custom chemical and ingredient manufacturing projects.
Mr. Wiley has a BS in Mechanical Engineering from Grove City College, PA and is a registered professional engineer.
Ms. Olga Tapias joined the KD Pharma Group in June 2019, bringing more than 10 years of legal experience in-house within the food and pharmaceutical industry with global exposure.
Prior to joining the KD Pharma Group, Ms. Tapias held the following positions:
- Senior Corporate Counsel at Takeda Pharmaceuticals International AG
- Legal Counsel – Procurement Matters at Takeda Pharmaceuticals International AG
- European Legal Counsel at Mondelez Europe GmbH
- Legal Counsel at Kraft Biscuits Iberia SL (Kraft Foods)
Ms. Tapias holds a Master in Law Degree from the Maastricht University and a Master Business.
Mrs. Francesca Nembri joined the KD Pharma Group in November 2022.