The most important resource at KD Pharma Group is our people. Their dedication and superior knowledge play a critical role in our ability to provide the best products and service.
Meet the executive team:
Mr. Oscar Groet joined KD Pharma in May 2013, bringing over 25 years of Senior Management experience. Throughout the years he supported the growth and turnaround of numerous companies across Europe. In October of 2016, he led the merger between KD Pharma and Marine Ingredients as the Chief Executive Officer of the combined company, KD Pharma Group.
Prior to KD Pharma, Mr. Groet held the following positions:
- CEO of Bioseutica BV, where he helped to execute a comprehensive restructuring of the organization.
- SVP of International Operations at Iveco, where he expanded international growth through a detailed acquisition strategy.
- VP International Operations at Indesit Company, where he expanded the company through implementing internal improvements and innovation.
- Sales & Marketing Director at ePlanet, where the company was successfully listed on the Italian stock exchange.
- Product Development Director at Alfa Romeo, where he successfully repositioning the brand and product line.
Mr. Groet has a degree in Economics from Reading University in the UK, an MBA in General Management from SDA Bocconi in Italy and a Finance Specialization from Harvard University.
Mr. Igor van Santen joined the KD Pharma Group in September 2017, bringing 20 years of Senior Management experience in several different businesses and geographies. During these years he was engaged in business growth initiatives through M&A and partnerships, as well as business restructuring and turn-around projects.
Prior to joining the KD Pharma Group, Mr. van Santen held the following positions:
- Global Business Controller at DSM Nutritional Products, working on several inorganic growth initiatives for its Personal Care division, as well as professionalized innovation portfolio management for all of DSM Nutritional Products businesses globally.
- CFO at DSM Pentapharm, being involved in strategically reposition the business.
- General Manager at DSM Intermediates, responsible for carving out the business from DSM’s other businesses and preparing it for divestment.
- Business Unit controller at DSM Exclusive Synthesis & Intermediates, assessing the strategic viability of the portfolio of businesses and Sites of the Business Unit, and implementing the subsequent re-organization of the unit accordingly.
- Business controller at DSM Pharmaceutical Chemicals, working on repositioning the generic Pharma site and preparing it for sale, and re-organizing the North American CMO API business.
Mr. van Santen holds a master’s degree in Management Science from the Erasmus University in Rotterdam, and a Post Graduate International Chartered Controller degree from the University of Amsterdam and the Maastricht University.
Scott Woodruff joined the KD Pharma group in August of 2018 as the President and CEO of the Global Nutrition group. Mr. Woodruff has over 25 years of leadership experience in the dietary supplement and nutrition industry. The majority of this time was spent as a Senior Executive for Nature’s Way Products, Inc. He was one of a select group of leaders that help build that organization into one of the industry’s top companies. Mr. Woodruff held positions of Corporate Officer, Chief Product Development Officer, and Chief Marketing Officer during his time at Nature’s Way.
Mr. Woodruff holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Utah, graduating cum laude. He also holds a Masters of Business Administration from Westminster College.
Dr. Peter Lembke joined KD Pharma for the first time in 1994 after developing the Supercritical Fluid Chromatography (SFC) Technology for the purification of omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil during this PhD studies at the University of Saarbrücken.
Over the past 25 years Dr. Lembke has worked in various positions within the company such as:
- Head of the laboratory (Bexbach)
- Production Plant Manager (Tarragona / Spain) • Chief Scientific Officer of Bioseutica (Rhinebeck / New York)
- VP, Director Sales & Business Development Pharma (Bexbach) Between 2002 and 2016 he was the CEO of Belovo Egg Products Spain S.L. and since 2007 he is running his own premium nutritional supplement company “Beps Biopharm S.L. / Spain”.
Dr. Lembke has a diploma as a Biological Technical Assistant (Köln/Germany), studied Food Chemistry (University of Wuppertal) and made his PhD in Physical Chemistry at the university of Saarbrücken.
Adam Ismail is the Chief Strategy Officer of the KD Pharma Group, a position he has held since March of 2018. Previously, he served as the Executive Director of the Global Organization for EPA and DHA Omega-3s, from its founding in 2007 to over 200 member companies when he left. He has spent twenty years working in the omega-3 and nutrition industries, including collaborating with other industry organizations to overturn a ban on fish oil imports in Europe; the establishment of nutritional intake recommendations and health claims in China, Europe and other countries; and co-authoring multiple scientific publications.
Prior to KD Pharma Group, he worked for Cargill, in charge of commercializing their omega-3 food ingredient business, and at Health Strategy Consulting and Health Business Partners on investment banking and strategy consulting projects, where he started the first e-mail newsletter in the nutrition industry and helped advise companies on over 150 projects and transactions
Dr. Markus Altermatt joined KD Pharma in May 2018, bringing more than 25 years of Senior Management experience. Throughout the years he worked in different Pharma and Chemical companies as Operations manager and Managing Director across Europe and China.
Prior to KD Pharma, Dr. Altermatt held the following positions:
- Senior Director Operations of Porton Pharmaceutical Switzerland where he developed and helped to execute a comprehensive Operational Excellence program in the Porton Manufacturing sites in Chongqing and Shangyu, China.
- Global head of production of Euticals/Archimica looking after manufacturing sites in Germany, France, Italy, UK, US including MD responsibility for UK, Italy, Germany
- Site Director of Horsforth, Leeds, Clariant UK headquarter • Core team member of global Clariant Manufacturing Improvement Program
- Core team member of a greenfield chemical site build up project in Tianjin, China for Sandoz/Clariant
- Managing two pharmaceutical intermediate plants at Sandoz, Basel
Dr. Altermatt has got a Ph.D in Organic Chemistry from Basel University in Switzerland. He then added a Postdoc research stay at the Julius Maximilian University in Würzburg, Germany. After starting the career in the industry he joined a program for manufacturing excellence at INSEAD, Fontainebleau.
Mr. Daniele Polettini joined KD Pharma in January 2014, bringing 15 years of experience in managing complex Supply Chain organizations in multinational environments. He redesigned and continues to optimize the planning, purchasing and logistics operations of the entire KD Pharma Group, successfully supporting the fast-paced growth of the Company.
Prior to KD Pharma, Mr. Polettini held multiple positions within Fiat Group leading large teams (>400 people) and managing worldwide processes with relevant spending (>0.5Bn$) in the Supply Chain division.
Mr. Polettini has a 5 years degree in Engineering from the Polytechnic of Turin in Italy, an MBA in General Management from the Chamber of Commerce Business School of Valladolid in Spain, and an Executive Master in Global Supply Chain at Instituto de Empresa (IE) of Madrid in Spain.
Mr. Schürmann joined KD Pharma as CTO in November 2014 and has over 25 years of senior technical management experience. He has managed production operations and directed process technology and engineering for a variety of facilities throughout the world.
With about 80% of his career focused on the oleo chemical segment, Mr. Schurmann has held positions with Unilever, ICI, and Kerry Group. An expert in the fats & oils business, his career has run through various industries such as pharma, food, cosmetics, lubricants and plastics.
Mr. Schurmann holds a Master of Science degree in Physics from Technische Universiteit Delft and an Accounting and Business Management degree from University of Amsterdam.