Wie bei vielen Unternehmen sind die wichtigsten Ressourcen bei KD Pharma, unsere Mitarbeiter. Unsere Mitarbeiter und ihr überlegenes Wissen spielen eine entscheidende Rolle um die besten Produkte und den besten Service anbieten zu können.
Oscar Groet schloss sich KD Pharma im Mai 2013 an und brachte über 25 Jahre Erfahrung im Senior Management mit. Er betreute über die Jahre hinweg das Wachstum und die Neuausrichtung zahlreicher Unternehmen in Europa. Im Oktober 2016 leitete er den Zusammenschluss von KD Pharma und Marine Ingredients als Chief Executive Officer des zusammengeführten Unternehmens KD Pharma Group.
Vor KD Pharma war Herr Groet in den folgenden Positionen tätig:
- CEO von Bioseutica BV, wo er an einer umfassenden Umstrukturierung der Organisation beteiligt war
- SVP of International Operations bei Iveco, wo er durch eine detaillierte Aqusitionsstrategie das internationale Wachstum erweiterte
- VP of International Operations bei Indesit Company, wo er das Unternehmen durch die Umsetzung interner Verbesserungen und Innovationen vergrößerte
- Verkaufs- & Marketing Director bei ePlanet, wo er das Unternehmen erfolgreich an der italienischen Börse notierte.
- Produkt Entwicklungsdirektor bei Alfa Romeo, wo er die Marke und Produktlinie erfolgreich neu positionierte.
Herr Groet hat einen Abschluss in Wirtschaftswissenschaften der Reading Universität in Großbritannien, einen MBA in General Management der SDA von Bocconi in Italien und Finanzspezialisierung der Harvard Universität.
Mr. Igor van Santen joined the KD Pharma Group in September 2017, bringing 20 years of Senior Management experience in several different businesses and geographies. During these years he was engaged in business growth initiatives through M&A and partnerships, as well as business restructuring and turn-around projects.
Prior to joining the KD Pharma Group, Mr. van Santen held the following positions:
- Global Business Controller at DSM Nutritional Products, working on several inorganic growth initiatives for its Personal Care division, as well as professionalized innovation portfolio management for all of DSM Nutritional Products businesses globally.
- CFO at DSM Pentapharm, being involved in strategically reposition the business.
- General Manager at DSM Intermediates, responsible for carving out the business from DSM’s other businesses and preparing it for divestment.
- Business Unit controller at DSM Exclusive Synthesis & Intermediates, assessing the strategic viability of the portfolio of businesses and Sites of the Business Unit, and implementing the subsequent re-organization of the unit accordingly.
- Business controller at DSM Pharmaceutical Chemicals, working on repositioning the generic Pharma site and preparing it for sale, and re-organizing the North American CMO API business.
Mr. van Santen holds a master’s degree in Management Science from the Erasmus University in Rotterdam, and a Post Graduate International Chartered Controller degree from the University of Amsterdam and the Maastricht University.
Scott Woodruff joined the KD Pharma group in August of 2018 as the President and CEO of the Global Nutrition group. Mr. Woodruff has over 25 years of leadership experience in the dietary supplement and nutrition industry. The majority of this time was spent as a Senior Executive for Nature’s Way Products, Inc. He was one of a select group of leaders that help build that organization into one of the industry’s top companies. Mr. Woodruff held positions of Corporate Officer, Chief Product Development Officer, and Chief Marketing Officer during his time at Nature’s Way.
Mr. Woodruff holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Utah, graduating cum laude. He also holds a Masters of Business Administration from Westminster College.
Mr. Uwe Westeppe joined the KD Pharma Group in September 2019, bringing 30 years of Senior Management experience in several different businesses, functions and geographies. During these years he was engaged in business growth initiatives through M&A and partnerships, as well as business restructuring and turn-around projects.
Prior to joining the KD Pharma Group, Mr. Westeppe held the following positions:
• Chief business officer of Rohner AG Switzerland where he was responsible for the global CMO business (Marketing, Sales, project management and process development).
• Global head of the NBR business unit (Nitrile rubber) of LANXESS, responsible for turn-around and profitable growth by strategic realignment of all business activities. He also served as Chairman of the Supervisory board of LANXESS-TSRC Chemical Industrial in Nantong, China; a JV he set up in 18 months.
• Head of Business line Specialty Chemicals at LANXESS / Saltigo and before Head of Global Marketing Fine Chemicals at Bayer, where he orchestrated the turnaround of the custom-manufacturing business including two carve-outs.
• Head of Program Management Bayer Polymers, a group initiative, where he was responsible for the worldwide business process reengineering and SAP introduction for Bayer’s polymer segment.
• Global Head Marketing Styrenics of Bayer, leading several acquisition projects in USA, Belgium, Thailand, India and Brazil including the integration and product consolidation.
• Global Head Marketing Semi-Crystalline Polymers of Bayer implementing a global growth strategy through partnerships and new product development.
• Head of Business Controlling Plastics of Bayer, introducing a global controlling function for the entire plastics organization.
Mr. Westeppe has got a Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry from Max-Planck-Institute for Carbon Research in Mülheim, Germany, conferred by Ruhr-University Bochum. After starting the career in the industry, he studied Business Administration at the Fern Universität Hagen (long distance learning university).
Adam Ismail is the Chief Strategy Officer of the KD Pharma Group, a position he has held since March of 2018. Previously, he served as the Executive Director of the Global Organization for EPA and DHA Omega-3s, from its founding in 2007 to over 200 member companies when he left. He has spent twenty years working in the omega-3 and nutrition industries, including collaborating with other industry organizations to overturn a ban on fish oil imports in Europe; the establishment of nutritional intake recommendations and health claims in China, Europe and other countries; and co-authoring multiple scientific publications.
Prior to KD Pharma Group, he worked for Cargill, in charge of commercializing their omega-3 food ingredient business, and at Health Strategy Consulting and Health Business Partners on investment banking and strategy consulting projects, where he started the first e-mail newsletter in the nutrition industry and helped advise companies on over 150 projects and transactions.
Mr. Markus Altermatt joined KD Pharma in May 2018, bringing more than 25 years of Senior Management experience. Throughout the years he worked in different Pharma and Chemical companies as Operations manager and Managing Director across Europe and China.
Prior to KD Pharma, Mr. Altermatt held the following positions:
- Senior Director Operations of Porton Pharmaceutical Switzerland where he developed and helped to execute a comprehensive Operational Excellence program in the Porton Manufacturing sites in Chongqing and Shangyu, China.
- Global head of production of Euticals/Archimica looking after manufacturing sites in Germany, France, Italy, UK, US including MD responsibility for UK, Italy, Germany
- Site Director of Horsforth, Leeds, Clariant UK headquarter
- Core team member of global Clariant Manufacturing Improvement Program
- Core team member of a greenfield chemical site build up project in Tianjin, China for Sandoz/Clariant
- Managing two pharmaceutical intermediate plants at Sandoz, Basel
Mr. Altermatt has got a Ph.D in Organic Chemistry from Basel University in Switzerland. He then added a Postdoc research stay at the Julius Maximilian University in Würzburg, Germany. After starting the career in the industry he joined a program for manufacturing excellence at INSEAD, Fontainebleau.
Mr. Daniele Polettini joined KD Pharma in January 2014, bringing 15 years of experience in managing complex Supply Chain organizations in multinational environments. He redesigned and continues to optimize the planning, purchasing and logistics operations of the entire KD Pharma Group, successfully supporting the fast-paced growth of the Company.
Prior to KD Pharma, Mr. Polettini held multiple positions within Fiat Group leading large teams (>400 people) and managing worldwide processes with relevant spending (>0.5Bn$) in the Supply Chain division.
Mr. Polettini has a 5 years degree in Engineering from the Polytechnic of Turin in Italy, an MBA in General Management from the Chamber of Commerce Business School of Valladolid in Spain, and an Executive Master in Global Supply Chain at Instituto de Empresa (IE) of Madrid in Spain.
Mr. Schürmann joined KD Pharma as CTO in November 2014 and has over 25 years of senior technical management experience. He has managed production operations and directed process technology and engineering for a variety of facilities throughout the world.
With about 80% of his career focused on the oleo chemical segment, Mr. Schurmann has held positions with Unilever, ICI, and Kerry Group. An expert in the fats & oils business, his career has run through various industries such as pharma, food, cosmetics, lubricants and plastics.
Mr. Schurmann holds a Master of Science degree in Physics from Technische Universiteit Delft and an Accounting and Business Management degree from University of Amsterdam.
Ms. Olga Tapias joined the KD Pharma Group in June 2019, bringing more than 10 years of legal experience in-house within the food and pharmaceutical industry with global exposure.
Prior to joining the KD Pharma Group, Ms. Tapias held the following positions:
Senior Corporate Counsel at Takeda Pharmaceuticals International AG
Legal Counsel – Procurement Matters at Takeda Pharmaceuticals International AG
European Legal Counsel at Mondelez Europe GmbH
Legal Counsel at Kraft Biscuits Iberia SL (Kraft Foods)
Ms. Tapias holds a Master in Law Degree from the Maastricht University and a Master Business.